CV Last updated 05/27/2005
c/- Doggett Street Studio
85 Doggett Street, Newstead
Queensland 4006 AUSTRALIA
Date of Birth
1987-89 - Bachelor of Arts, Visual Arts, Queensland University of Technology (formerly Brisbane College of Advanced Education).
Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane, AustraliaRebecca Hossack Gallery, London
2005 - ‘Imitation of Life’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2004 - ‘Stories from the East Coast’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2003 - ‘City Stories’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2002 - 'Conversation at Night', Rebecca Hossack Gallery, London.2002 - ‘urbanvision’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2001 - ‘New Paintings and Drawings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane. 2000 - Solo Exhibition, Rebecca Hossack Gallery, London.2000 - ‘New Paintings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane. 1999 - ‘Paintings and Drawings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1998 - ‘Highways, nightscapes and other paintings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1997 - ‘Recent Paintings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1996 - ‘Night Paintings’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1995 - ‘Nightscapes and Figures’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1994 - ‘Urban Landscapes’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1991 - ‘Robert Brownhall’, The Butterfactory Studio and Contemporary Art Space, Dayboro.
Selected group exhibitions
2004 - 'All That Glitters', Gold Coast City Art Gallery2003 - ‘Christmas 2003’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2003 - ‘The Centenary of the High Court Invitational Exhibition’, High Court of Australia, Canberra.2002 - ‘Christmas 2002’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2001 - ‘Christmas 2001’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.2000 - Rebecca Hossack Gallery at the London Art Fair.2000 - ‘Christmas 2000’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane. 1999
- ‘People, Places, Pastimes: Challenging Perspectives of Ipswich’,
curated by Rodney James, Inaugural Exhibition, Global Arts Link,
Ipswich.1998 - ‘Christmas Exhibition’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1996 - ‘The Big Deal- Christmas Exhibition’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1996
- ‘on paper in practice’ (an exhibition by 16 artists from Indonesia,
The Philippines, Vietnam and Australia) , Doggett Street Studio,
Brisbane.1996 - ‘one hundred: a survey of the first 100 exhibitions’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1995 - Doggett Street Studio Christmas Exhibition.1995 - ‘Landscape’, Doggett Street Studio, Brisbane.1994 - ‘Years Finale, Christmas Show and Match Box Project’, Doggett Street Studio.1994 - ‘One Year- Selected works celebrating the first year of Doggett Street Studio’.1993 - ‘The Last Show Down’, The Butterfactory Studio and Contemporary Art Space.1992
- ‘Potential Space : The Butterfactory Touring Initiative’ :Warwick
Regional Art Gallery; The Butterfactory; Pine Rivers Council Chambers;
Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery.1989 - ‘Graduate Exhibition’, Old Queensland Museum Building, Brisbane.
• Queensland Art Gallery• artbank• Global Arts Link (Ipswich Regional Gallery).• Gold Coast City Art Gallery.• Federal Court of Australia.• Brisbane Grammar School
• Queensland Cement Limited.• Wesley Hospital Art Foundation.• Gadens Lawyers, Brisbane.• MacGillivrays Lawyers, Brisbane.• Ernst and Young, Brisbane.• Australian Bar Association
2002 - Ernst and Young, Brisbane.2001 - Brisbane Grammar School.2000 - MacGillivrays Lawyers, Brisbane.1999 - Wesley Hospital, Brisbane.
• Martin Chew, Louise (2002) ‘A Bird’s Eye View’, The Australian, 19 April 2002.• McLean, Sandra (2002) ‘Just Short of Reality’, The Courier Mail, 16 April 2002.• Finster, Marnie (2002) ‘Urban Visionary’, Gold Coast Bulletin, 13-14 April 2002.• Brown, Phil (2000) ‘Suburban Beauty’, Brisbane News, 9-15 February 2000.• Stanford, Leone (1998) ‘New Direction’, The Review, February 1998.• Smith, Sue (1998) ‘Night Mysteries’ The Courier Mail, 30 January 1998.• Brown, Phil (1997) ‘The Bottom Line’, Brisbane News, 4-11 February 1997.
• Exploring Culture and Community for the 21st Century, (1999) Exhibition catalogue for Global Arts Link, Ipswich.• Seear, Lynne (1996) ‘Doggett Street Studio: an overview’, Doggett Street Studio exhibition catalogue.• Ravenswood, Kate (1992) ‘Potential Space: The Butterfactory Touring Initiative’, a Butterfactory exhibition catalogue.